Thursday, June 18, 2009

Never said it would be easy

This blog is an attempt for both Cindy and I to formulate our thoughts in regards to what God is doing in and through us in Harrisburg. Over the last few weeks there have been several shootings that have made us nervous. We know that these incidents are mostly drug related, but recently they are happening very close to us.

Another thing that has been challenging is the language that the teenagers and parents use. I am not a fan of foul language and it bothers me. It is fairly constant, but it can be tuned out by either going to a different room (we mostly hear it in our living room) or by watching TV.

The most tangible issue that we are facing is boundaries. I want to be able to help people when they ask for my help but I also need to be able to focus on my school.

Right now as I am typing this something crazy is happening outside. I know that there is a lot of yelling and carrying on with the teenagers. I don't know if it's serious or not, but I'm staying inside and not getting involved. It happened at 10:35 pm Thursday night.

Ministry to the inner city is tough and no one ever said that it would be easy. Things that we've given up for God are 1. peace and quiet 2. being able to come and go as we please 3. cleanliness 4. in the city there is more tangible violence.

That's just a few things worth mentioning.

Until next time. - Wags

No comments:

Post a Comment