Sunday, June 21, 2009
The Journey
Pastor George spoke about the journey that we make from outward conformity to inward transformation this morning. He quoted Darryl Tippens, author of Pilgrim Heart, who said "Moving towards God requires pilgrimage." This is so true! A pilgrimage is a journey. We must depend on Him for direction, guidance, and discernment on this journey. On a journey certain things lie ahead and certain things are left behind. That statement is so simple and yet so profound. I don't know what lies ahead for us ... that is uncertain from our perspective ... but God knows for certain and there's comfort in that. Speaking of comfort, that is something that I left behind when I moved to Harrisburg. I believe that, like Abram, God wanted me to leave "my country" (which for me was the comfort of suburbian Etters) and go to the land He showed me (Harrisburg). I made that move 2 years ago and have no regrets. Well, that's mostly true ... I do very much miss all of the landscaping that I did in Etters and I do miss the creek that ran behind my house, but I am doing landscaping in our backyard here in Harrisburg, I'll be doing landscaping on the lots that we adopted, and we have the river to enjoy that's only 5 blocks away. God is working, according to His timing and infinite wisdom. While I don't know exactly what lies ahead, He does, and even though I like having a detailed plan, I know that He has already planned out the details and I need to look to Him rather than to myself for what's next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment